Social media is now more important than ever for small businesses, but with so many different websites out there which one is best for you? We all know Facebook is necessary for every business, but what about Pinterest?
“Pinterest is a pin-board style photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme based image collections such as events, interests and hobbies. Users can borrow other pin-boards for images, “re-pin” images to their own pin-boards, or “like” photos.” – (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinterest)
Why you should use Pinterest:
- Primary demographic is women between the ages of 25 and 45.
- Pinterest generates more revenue per click than Twitter and Facebook!
- Pins will retain the link back to your website
- Promoted Pins are on the horizon
- Categories and tags are an integral function of the site
- Customers can already be pinning your products
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you selling visually appealing products?
- Are your products used to create visually appealing items/end products?
- Are your products targeted to a specific audience?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, try out Pinterest for your small business!